Just a quick recap: We went to both Idaho and Utah for Christmas. We bought a couple of new cars the day before we left so we ended up driving the new Ford Edge home. You'd think that would mean we would have more space for the drive...um no. We took out a lot of presents, luggage and a dog, so the car was filled to the gills. Then we ended up bringing way more presents back with us so it was even more tight coming back. I spent a week at home while Logan only got a couple of days in with the family before heading to Phoenix for the Arizona National Stock Show. The good news is, it will probably be the last time he has to do that over the holidays for a while...which brings me to the reason we bought two cars.
A couple of months ago I mentioned that we had more exciting news to come. Well, it's not so exciting now because most people know, but Logan got a new job! So, he had to get his own vehicle. Then while we were looking at cars, we found a dealer who could get us out of our Nissan Altima (which we were a little upside down in due to another crappy dealer experience) and get us into a car for Logan and an SUV for me and the kid. It really was a deal too good to be true. We got a really great deal....and then weeks later the dealership realized a mistake in their contract, so it wasn't such a great deal, but still a good deal. That issue is still unresolved. Man, I hate car dealers. They are ALL the same.
Back to the job. Logan left the American Angus Association to go to work for the Western Livestock Journal. We are super excited for the freedom the new job will allow and the opportunities for our family to perhaps spend a little more time together, although there will still be plenty of travel. His territory remains the same for now, but he will be doing only the marketing and advertising side of things rather than all of that plus shows, audits, etc. We are really looking forward to seeing what the new adventure brings.
And, speaking of new adventures, I have some belly photos...
28 weeks
29 weeks
31 weeks
32 weeks
33 weeks
In all reality, I don't think I am looking a ton different from week to week, but boy am I feeling different. And as a side note, one good thing about these pictures is that they remind me of outfits I should never wear again. I am up about 23 lbs so far (ugh...but only up 1 lb over the holidays!!!! yay for small victories!) and it is really getting tough to move around. Every time I drop something I just stare at it on the floor for a minute trying to decide if I should leave it or pick it up. I have even resorted to asking the dog to pick things up for me. If I point to something of his and tell him to get it, he will. The same is not true for things of mine. He just stares and cocks his head at me.
I have had some pretty extreme heartburn and am really tired. My hair has been dull and limp, my nails have been brittle, but geez, my skin is GREAT! My complexion is almost reason enough to do this again. I pretty much sit at work all day and pet my cheeks:)
The hospital bag is all packed and the baby's crib bedding is almost done. After a shower in Utah next week and one in California the second week in February, I think we should be ready to welcome baby Ipsen. I think she is as excited as we are. She spends most of her days trying to kick her way out of my uterus. Really, I am terrified, especially after purchasing some creepy looking nursing bras today, but I am sure holding her for the first time will take away all the fear. That's what I'm banking on anyways.








2 comments:
I think you look great!! So exciting! When you hold her in your arms, everything will be totally worth it, even those ugly bras!
Good luck Stevie! You will make such a great mom. I'm excited to see pictures of the little one when she comes.
Post a Comment