Monday, November 9, 2009

The Outside


Okay, I finally found the before pictures of our backyard. The front yard looks basically the same as before and since I still can't find a before picture of the front. Just picture a dead tree in the middle of the front yard. that is all that has changed.

The Front Yard


The Back Yard Before





The Back Yard Now



Okay, so maybe it is not a dramatic transformation, but it took tilling up the dirt twice to get grass to grow at all. Have you ever tried to grow grass through three-year-old dead sod? The sod was placed on a net...have you ever tried raking soil through a fish net. It sucks. I think my Grandpa Stewart would be proud of our progress - minus the lack of flowers. Don't mind the dead spots there by the sidewalk. I am pretty sure those are piddle spots from Reno. At least he has grass to piddle on. Now, we need to decide what to do with the perimeter of the yard. The front yard I am not too worried about. Any suggestion on shrubs or trees for the back yard?

3 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

The house is cute from the front. I like the little yellow flowers ;)

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

Looks very good and I can definately see a transformation!

Papworth's said...

Stevie!! Glad you found my blog! Yep, that's my little man. He's very active and so much fun. I love him to death! I also have a little girl on the way, we're excited for that too! I love your home!! I cannot wait until I can get me one of those, it'll be sooner than later now, thank goodness. Keep in touch!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones