Just as predicted, I am a terrible blogger!
As it is for most people, December has been an exceptionally busy month for us. I spent the first week of the month in Las Vegas with my mom and my sister at the Miss Rodeo America Pageant and the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo while Logan worked in Utah.
December is also our anniversary month and this year we decided that we wouldn't buy gifts for each other -- for Christmas or our anniversary. We both caved and got gifts, but we kept it reasonable. Instead of buying a gift, I made Logan a board game that was about our three years of marriage. It was kind of fun. I also made him a reconstruction of our wedding cake (not all three tiers). It actually looked nothing like our cake except the colors were the same. But it tasted soooo much better because I used cream cheese frosting instead of fondant. We also went to dinner and a movie.
Yum!
After spending three years married, Logan and I finally decided to be grown-ups and have Christmas alone here in California. Admittedly, it was pretty lonely but without all of the traveling it was very relaxing. Here are a few photos to let our families know that we really did celebrate Christmas.

Our First Tree -- Sad, but true.

Even Reno celebrated. He loved to hang out by the tree when the lights were on. Note for next year: The "No Gifts" rule makes the tree look really bare.
We made Christmas cookies. I think this is also a first. We made lots of Christmas candy too, but it was too hectic to remember to take photos for evidence.
We spent a couple of days before Christmas at Lake Tahoe. We lost some money at the casino and did a little shopping, but it was nice to see some snow for the holidays. We came back on Christmas Eve to 65 degree weather -- which also has its perks, but is not the traditional Christmas weather we are used to.

Us at Lake Tahoe
We made a much too large prime rib dinner on Christmas and then just pretty much lounged around in our pajamas for a couple of days and watched movies before Logan had to leave for work in Phoenix. He will return on New Years Eve and we will get to spend our first full New Years Eve together (he usually returns on New Years Day or after midnight on New Years Eve). The Arizona National Livestock Show has a way of raining on my New Year -- but not this year! Stay tuned for details -- I'm sure we will do something very exciting (said with sarcasm).
We hope all of our family and friends had a great Christmas and has an outstanding 2010!



4 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a good time. I can't wait til we do our first grown up Christmas. We really need to ;)
How creative of you to make a board game!! I'm impressed!! Looks like you guys are doing well! Tell your illusive husband hello :) Take care!
I was wondering if you were ever going to post again! Glad you had a relaxing christmas. The "no-present" rule has to be done with now. Presents are way to much fun to get and give! We finally caved and bought a chest freezer.. I don't know how we lived without one for so long. Hope to see you sooN!
Wow Stevie...your house is so beautiful! Jealous! Your dog is darling too! I understand about wanting to stay home for the holidays, lonely, but relaxing sounds just about right. Someday when we get a house of our own, we'll try the solo thing. So good to hear from you!
Post a Comment