Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Webbed Feet

While not a lot has been going on with Logan and I, I figured I ought to try and blog more regularly, so I thought I would talk about what is going on in Reno's world.

Logan and I were just discussing the other day how easy Reno was to potty train and how anymore, you can just say the words potty or outside and he will run to the back door. It has rained A LOT this week and it is supposed to rain even more today through Friday. Poor Reno doesn't handle the rain well and has been traumatized by having to pee in the rain. He usually won't even walk on wet grass, so this has been a challenge for him.

This morning, as I was laying in bed I could hear him over in his bed wimpering. I looked at him and, as usual, he was asleep on his back with all four legs in the air, so I thought he must just be having a bad dream. After I got ready for work, as usual, he was waiting by the bedroom door to go downstairs with me. I asked him if he needed to go potty and he ran down the stairs and to the back door. As I slid the door open and told him to go outside (as it was pouring and the wind was blowing), he darted under the kitchen table and started wimpering with all four feet in the air. Poor kid, I think I figured out what he was dreaming about. Last night we had lots of severe thunderstorm warnings and are expecting even more rain in the next two days. California has been ultra dry in the past few years (pretty much since we got here), with most cattle producers selling off parts of their cowherd because of a lack of grass, so the rain isn't all bad. We can definitely use it, especially if we expect to have jobs come summer. I just wish it would steadily drizzle all winter rather than flood us out for a few weeks at a time.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hooray!! You are updating more regularly!! :) Poor Reno. I bet he wouldn't like having to go outside to pee in the snow either.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones