Sunday, February 7, 2010

27.

Twenty. Seven.

20 and 7

27.

That's right, I am 27.

Ughhh. I think if Logan were older than me, I wouldn't always dread getting older. I don't know, maybe that is just silly, because he is obviously keeping up. It's not like he is getting younger or anything. I think I just hate hitting these milestones first. I guess I had better get used to it.

Despite my terrible attitude, I did have a good birthday. All of my friends and family remembered me and that is always nice. I love getting cards in the mail and I LOVED getting flowers delivered to work. It also made Logan look really good in the minds of my co-workers. They didn't ask, they just assumed they were from him. They were really from my cute sister Ashlee.


My co-workers made a nice lunch for me as well. My good friend Annie made homemade lasagna and Megan brought a "better than sex" cake. It was better than any previous "better than sex" cake I have had. Making it a close competition between a cake named after intercourse and the real thing. Just kidding. That may have crossed a line. or two.

When I got home from work, I found these on the dining room table:



As Logan was busily cooking a wonderful dinner of chicken cordon bleu, scalloped potatoes, asparagus and homemade rolls, I told him the flowers were lovely. He agreed. Turns out they were from my mom. Thanks mom:) 

Logan's stepmom, Becky got me a new set of salt and pepper shakers, which will actually come in really handy because we only had one set so we were constantly getting up during dinner to get the s & p off the other table (we have two dinner tables).

Before dinner, I lost patience and opened Logan's gifts. He got me a couple of workout medicine balls that I had asked for. But, I really love it when he gets me things that he puts thought into. In addition to the new workout equipment, I got TWO packages of tall dress socks. I guess he was finally tired of finding his tall dress socks in my hamper. I figured he would get the clue sooner or later. He also got me the autobiography of Walter Cronkite. I love learning about journalists who didn't have the luxury of the Internet, cell phones and other modern-day conveniences that make reporting so much lazier than it could have ever originally been. I like to think I have a strong work ethic, but it is probably nothing compared to people like Cronkite that really had to work for their stories.

Thanks everyone who helped me to have a great day!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I had to laugh that none of the flowers came from Logan!! Too funny. Sounds like you share the same anxiety I do....I hate being just a little older than Kyle and hitting all of the age milestones before he does. Every winter, I get excited for the few months that we are the same age! Happy Birthday and have fun this next weekend on your roadtrip!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones