Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Projects


The weather in California has been great lately. We've had a little rain, but at least it will hold off the rotten summer heat for a little longer. This is a picture of a sunset we had in our backyard earlier this week. I swear the clouds in California look different. Maybe because we are at sea level, I don't know.

It has been a busy couple weeks at the Ipsen residence. I have had a lot of events to attend for work, Logan has been traveling - as usual. After being apart all weekend, we got to have dinner together tonight and then he is off tomorrow morning to work in Missouri for the week. Luckily, I have got more than enough on my plate to get caught up on while he is away. Between sewing some blankets and taking photos here and there, I have a trip to Denver next week for work, going home to Utah for three days and then back to California for an annual meeting at work. July should slow down some, but Logan won't be here much to enjoy it....maybe in August.


This week, I was working on a blessing blanket for my good friend Kristan's baby, Macy Jo. I was glad Kristan asked me to do it because quilt bindings are not my specialty so I could always use the practice. Macy's blanket is the one in the middle below. The blanket on the right is also for Macy just because I like her. The yellow and pink blanket on the left is for one of my mom's waitresses at the cafe who is due in July.




Today, I went up north to Gridley to take pictures of my friend Melanie's large family of 10. Holy cow, she has her hands full. Getting eight children to all look in the same direction is a little challenging, but it was a great experience and we got so many fun shots. Below are just a couple  of my favorites.












I hate to play favorites (but this little guy is probably my favorite.)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Great photos of a darling family! I also am impressed with your baby blankets! Sorry you have so much alone time to work on your projects...I would hate to have my husband traveling all of the time!

Kade Church said...

Cute blankets!!! I love them!! That's so funny that you are a fellow regular at Joann's Fabric! Hehe! Ya, I can't get enough of that store! And I love your pictures! I love to take pictures too, but I wouldn't consider myself a professional by any means, I have just messed around with it for about 3 years now. Do you do professional photography? And did you ever get a hold of Rachel. I need to call her. Looks like you are having fun! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones