I have documented (with my camera) a lot of the fun things that we have seen, places we have went and things we have done over the last year, but unfortunately I don't have the time or ambition to play catch up in much detail, so a few crappy pictures from my phone will have to work. My last blog post was about the one and only real vacation we had had together. I admit I was pretty bitter that we had waited until that point in our lives to try and take a timeout. I think that if we have learned anything about marriage it is that spending time together and enjoying life is far more important than work or jobs, luckily we have both been enjoying our jobs as well.
While none of the things we have done this year have been impressive or earth-shattering, they are examples of how we are living life more fully, appreciating each other more and spending time doing things that matter to both of us -- rather than focusing on how much time we are apart or things we don't have or don't have time for. They are all things that we didn't do a lot in the first couple of years we were married. We have a long list of goals -- things we want to do and accomplish, but the things that have been keeping us busy this year are definitely a good start towards being the people we want to be.
In the past year we have:
Worked a lot.
We have set a goal to travel more together and we have spent a lot of time together in the company car.
Went fishing!
Logan got out his new fishing pole for the first time in three years and has used it several times! He went fishing in West Yellowstone when he was in Idaho visiting family; in Huntington Canyon when we were visiting family in Utah; in Hat Creek in Northern California; and on the East Fork Carson River near Reno.
Taught Sunday School.
Stevie is teaching the 16 and 17 year olds...they are tons of fun! (and, at times, a challenge).
Went golfing!
Logan got a new set of golf clubs for his birthday...and used them immediately!
Bought some cows
Horses and arena are next, we just have to find some more money and somewhere to put them...baby steps I guess.
Worked on our home.
We got new carpet in our house; a new bedroom set, painted and decorated the last spare bedroom; and are adding upgrades to the other spare bedroom as we speak. We also got a new bedroom set and love it!
Spare bedroom before...
Spare bedroom after...
It still needs some color. Maybe some red or turquoise accessories, but I haven't decided yet.
We frequented AT&T Park quite a few times. We are huge fans of the San Francisco Giants! We even had front row seats once.
We didn't match on purpose, but we sure were cute!
Got rewarded.
Stevie got a new boss, a job title change and a well-deserved raise! Woot Woot!
Picnicked!
Logan discovered a little lake in the Sierra Nevadas and we took a whole day to hang out, have a picnic and scope out fishing spots along the for Logan to visit.
Made a baby!!!!
Our little (or big) white viking will be here around the first of March and we can hardly wait!
There was some confusion at first.
This is after we found out that she was a girl.
But I think I knew all along. Just kidding, I had no idea. I was just hopeful:)
We also have some other top secret news that we can't talk about yet, but stay tuned! I promise it will be exciting...









No comments:
Post a Comment